Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who I Am


Love this. 
Today, I am 26 years old. Today my friend Natalie is also 26 years old. My friend Paul is 24 and my 7th grade history teacher must be in his 70's.  It's a pretty exciting day here in the beautiful NW.

26 things I would like to do this year:

1. Be a nobody. Tell everybody about somebody who can save anybody. 
2. Ride in a hot air balloon
3. Star gaze late into a warm summer night. And identify constellations. 
4. Go to New York. Whilst there pull an Audrey Hepburn and eat breakfast foods in fancy clothes while pondering beautiful things.
5. Hatch praying mantis eggs. You read that right. 
6. Make one full meal from my garden alone.
7.  Sow something beautiful. Without the help of a hot glue gun.
8. Learn to shoot a bow and arrow. Summon my inner Katniss I guess you could say.
9. Learn to trust in the Lord for everything, but especially number 10.
10. Wait for the right man to sweep me off my feet.
11. Start writing a book. Hopefully without that sounding too narcissistic thinking anyone would want to read it. 
12. Be an extra in a movie.
13. Make an unexpected new friend, in an unexpected way.
14. Cross off a couple more states from my list of visited.
15. Find time everyday to learn something new about Christ.
16. Find time for every single one of my friends and family members to do something special together. Whether simple, extravagant or crazy.
17. Finally watch the last of Friday Night Lights...I put it off because I didn't want it to end.
18. Save three months worth of expenses. Save 1 big trips worth of expenses. Save 2 small trips worth of expenses.
19. Do something last minute...for once in my life.
20. Make someone cupcakes for no reason other than I love them.
21. Be the kind of woman I would hope to see my sister become.
22. Go to a country concert, preferably at dusk and on grass. Outside, obviously.
23.  Go to the top of a skyscraper.
24. Learn to be less prideful, more humble. Less stingy, more generous. Less vain, more beautiful.
25. Dance. Dance like there is no tomorrow and no one is watching.
26. Change something big...I'm thinking- nose piercing, tattoo, chop my hair off, etc. 

I guess in 365 days from today we can see how I did. 
Thank you everyone for all the birthday love today, I have truly felt loved more than any other birthday ever, which I didn't even know was possible!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That's a great but ambitious list:) Thanks for sharing.