Monday, October 8, 2012

Fill That Car Up


Love.
Have you ever been sitting watching someone, or driving somewhere- coming or going, or maybe sitting in nature communing with the silence of the Fall, and you are just overwhelmed with the peaceful presence of love. It’s tangible. Palpable.   It’s present. I don’t even remember this weekend where I was driving or where I had just come from but I felt the presence of God and overpowering love. Love that conquers all hate and all pain- it’s the love that conquered death. And I felt it. It was real. It was in my little blue car.
While we are chasing earthly love, God is chasing us with His love.
Zephaniah 3:17-The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”

That is a love that is tangible. Palpable. Present.  It makes me think of those peaceful car rides that I am fulfilled beyond comprehension with happiness and silence, or the times this summer singing Call Me Maybe at the top of my lungs with 60 international students woke up a part of me that had been quiet for too long, or this weekend when an experiment of sorts landed my mom, sister, aunt and myself on the living room floor laughing hysterically. Or the times when comfort found me and I didn’t even realize I was hurting yet.  How amazing is that love.
We were made to love and care for one another, so I definitely am not saying seeking love from one another is wrong. It’s when we forget that we have already been cared for, fulfilled and loved more than comprehension can even fathom; if we would just accept it and allow ourselves to experience it. For those who are single, such as me, I think one of the biggest difficulties is for wanting companionship in a spouse that isn’t yet present. When you are already a wife or a husband and your cake topper partner needed to take a pit stop before arriving to where you are; that is when I need this reminder.
Just my random thought of the day, wasn’t really what I intended to write about. Couple of updates- I am now officially teaching a college level class, just twice a week. It’s been a lot of fun so far and I can’t wait for my class and myself to grow together this term. I am still in my position with TRiO as a College Advisor and my position with Corban as the Town House RD, so don’t worry, you’re not that far behind, I think I just forgot to tell people I was teaching now and have had a ton questions from people confused…and by a ton of questions, that pretty much just means my mom asked. J
Garden update- I think I brought in one of the last batches from my garden. It got hit hard by heat and slugs while I was gone this summer, but I did have a huge batch of deformed carrots that tasted like nutritious dirt, I have a bunch of kale and swiss chard in my fridge, have had tons and tons of yellow pear tomatoes, a couple of yellow stout squashes, the world’s smallest red cabbage, and lots of beautiful wild flowers. Throw in a plastic corvette and a Ken doll and it’s pretty much a feast for barbies.
I’ll be in Seattle for the Seahawks vs. Jets game with my amazing cousin who is flying up for a girls Seattle weekend. Wasn’t planned to overlap, but what a bonus to be the same time as a great game and what will definitely be an explosively lively weekend. The following week I get to spend some time at the Holloman Air force Base in New Mexico to visit one of my absolutely favorite little families.  So even without my cake topper hubby I’m certainly enjoying the love, support and hilariousness of those in my life, the depth and experience my jobs are providing me, the humbleness and skillset it takes to grow things with a black thumb, and the peace that my God who loves me so provides me in my little blue car.

No comments: