Tuesday, September 22, 2009

At the botanical garden in San Fran at Golden Gate Park. It was very beautiful and there was a turtle pond! A turtle pond....wow... I stayed with Kristy (a friend from High school) and her 92 year old grandma who lives in the Sunset distract downtown. We could step outside of their front door and walk to any number of food places, coffee places and random places. We had some great donuts and coffee from some little place that only takes cash and is open 24 hrs...it was so tastey! Followed by multiple episodes of Flight of The Concords, it was a great night.
We went to Pier 39 one of the days and walked around all the crazy little shops, stinky piers and dodged all of the non English speaking people, which was everyone. After going going going, it was great to see Kristy and just talk and catch up. She's so much fun! She wanted to hear my Casey Corban story again...the one from when Kacie was my assistant and a guy named Corban called to talk to me and repeatedly kept saying "Hi, it's Corban." to Kacie and she kept saying "yes it is." her not realizing Corban was his name and him not realizing he had the wrong Kacie! Overall, so funny.




This was at the botanical gardens again. America's Next Top Model actually hunted as down on that walk, I can see why.





I took time while Kristy was at a church meeting to walk through the memorial site for soliders lost at war, it was really nice actually. It was peaceful and quiet and a great time for reflection and gratitude. There were thousands upon thousands of grave markers, somehow each one of them managed to stand heroic, it was amazing.








We had to mark my ride in the popular mode of transportation down here. Bus....shuttle...I have no idea what to call it but it was pretty fun and so convienent. We went shopping in Union Square and ate at the Cheesecake Factory at the top story of a like 9 story Macy's. It was so much fun and I bought way too much. Who am I kidding, never too much.
On another note, I bought these incredibly yummy Choxie chocolate bars for counselors of schools I visit and had to leave them in my car between my last visit today and my hotel. Let's just say that Modesto is in the 80's and 90's and the chocolates were in my back seat. I put them in the fridge once I got in the hotel but they didn't take quite the same mold as before. Darn! There is no way I can give them to counselors now...all deformed. Guess I'll find something else. I'm off to another college fair so I best be going. Seeing my grandparents, Jaimie and Abbey this weekend though, should be fun!








No comments: