Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So I can officially say I’ve been in a high school that costs as much as a college to attend. I’m talking olympic size outdoor swimming pool on the edge of a cliff that overlooks San Jose, CA…a mini Courthouse athletic club in their downstairs gym building….top of the line electronics throughout the entire school. I t was astounding! Going to college won’t be such a stretch for these kids as far as money and the facilities available. Sheesh.
Somehow both high schools I visited today were on the top of a hill (heard a few refer to it as a mountain, but I see no snow peaks so…..yeah….not a mountain :o). It’s absolutely beautiful here. Palm trees everywhere, sunny skies, tank top clad people, and the sea of black clothing that mark the professional Californians of course.
My first webcam conversation= complete! Yay! I talked with all the people in my office at a Starbucks in Dublin. If any of you also have skype feel free to hit me up, my username is caseylyn24. I was surprised that I wasn’t getting weird looks, I mean, I was sitting in a corner talking to my computer, laughing and carrying on a full conversation….I was almost disappointed that no one found it odd, it’s not often I get to play the insane one.
So Brentwood, CA is actually quite cute. I like it! It’s definitely a small town, small little downtown with boutiques and the likes. Surrounded by rolling brown hills, orchards and fruit stands. I took a nice swim in an empty outdoor hotel pool in 80 degree weather….don’t be jealous. I can honestly say that was the first time I’ve ever purposely swam laps as a work out, it was great, I think I should do it more often.
Still no more crazy stories though. Once again my eyes were bigger than my stomach, common thread of my life. So…..I got a chicken caesar salad (no big surprise there) but then it came with bread and butter. And then as I was walking back to my car, because of course I always get everything to go, I walked past a frozen yogurt dive and thought it also sounded nice and refreshing. So I got a small vanilla, chocolate & peanutbutter frozen yogurt, very excited for it too. And then…..almost back to the hotel, I realize I’m so thirsty and don’t have anything but tap water in my hotel, so I stop at the gas station market and get vitamin water, diet dr.pepper, an apple and Pringles chips. Seriously! Do I really believe after a lifetime of not eating that much, wanting to eat more because I love food, but never being able to finish anything; that I would be able to eat all of the above mentioned food. A good tidbit of information for me to remember, I will say in all fairness that I figured the Pringles and apple would go for tomorrow, and that the salad wouldn’t be that big. Excuses excuses I know, but I feel like there is some justification that is plausible. And for those wondering....i didn't even get through the salad, it was bigger than I thought.
That is all I have to report for today! Something about being here makes me want to frolic through an orchard though. Going total girl on you all right now, how cool would a wedding be in an orchard. Trees people! Tree’s, paper hanging lanterns, white Christmas lights, white tea lights on tables….pretty right. :o) Not that I’ve thought about it, actually I haven’t thought about that much, it all just came to me right now as I was thinking about how much I want to go hang out in those trees. And think about all the awesome spiders that would be there. Both big and probably a wide range of colors, ah, I am not doing well talking myself into staying safe in the hotel. Don’t worry though, I will.
Until tomorrow! I’ll be sure to find something fun to write too. Thanks for baring with me over my tumbling words pent up all day! And of course, some pics from my day. Sorry again, driving takes out the fun of photo taking.
The view from San Jose Valley Christian, one side anyway. The backside was even better!

I have a thing for signs...much like trees. fire hydrants. shoes. doors. bugs.

Brentwood, CA wishing fountain in the cute downtown.

Someone really cares about a clean window. That someone is not here apparently.

No comments: