Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ventura, CA

I spent the weekend in Ventura and had such a great time there. I was able to stay with my grandparents, see my great aunt and uncle, an aunt and a few cousins. It was also nice to get a break from the 100 degree weather and feel some ocean breeze on my face. And by nice break, I mean fantastically wonderful.
I've got some photos hear of family and various things around Ventura, so enjoy. :o)
This is incredibly random and sporadic I realize, I feel the last couple weeks travel catching up with me and today I was absolutely exhausted all day. I slept so well the last two days though, I think being in a house and feeling safe makes such a difference. I can only stay asleep for a couple hours at a time in the hotel rooms and then I wake up, fall back asleep and wake up again, every little noise brings to a complete alert no matter how deep into sleep I am. But this weekend, I slept solid and comfortably, so I couldn't figure out why I feel like a truck backed over me today. Driving to Bakersfield was literally putting me to sleep, luckily I was able to chat on the phone for quite awhile with friends and my mom, kept me awake, which in turn kept me from crashing. Sorry, this is all over the place and has run on sentences left and right I'm sure.
I learned so much about my family heritage which was so interesting to me. I would love to do a genealogy of some form and really know what made my family who they are, what made me who I am.

No comments: