Monday, September 28, 2009

Bakersfield, CA

Bakersfield is where I arrived last night and have once again set up camp in. I had a fair tonight, it was incredibly slow but I had some great conversations with the counselor next to me. The revelations I came to today are the following-

1. I have no desire to ever live in Bakersfield, or really anywhere in this area.


2. Bookstores are one of my favorite places to go, any bookstore, new and used, there are so many unspoken words just waiting to be read.


3. I love bugs. The best part of my day was when the counselor from Patten University and I started talking about her hotel room last night and how she found a very large wolf spider on her bathroom towel. She told me she's not normally scared of spiders but this was so huge and fast that she ended up calling the hotel help and had a guy come kill it for her. Upon spraying the spider with raid apparently tons of baby spiders jumped off its back and started running away! They switched her room.... But this so hit my interest, so we talked about spiders and bugs for a good 20 minutes after that. That intrigue in me, that most people probably find amusing and incredibly odd has been so peaked recently, this being a prime example of such cases. THIS IS WHAT THAT COUNSELOR SAW LAST NIGHT! ON HER BATH TOWEL! YUCK!


4. I have an 8 hour drive tomorrow, longest I've ever driven by myself, it should be quite the experience. :o)

No comments: