Monday, October 18, 2010

Boise.Meridian.Eagle.Nampa.Caldwell.Ontario.Garden City.

This entire week is based out of Boise, ID. One of my all time favorite cities in the US. I get a lot of funny looks when I say that, but come over here and check it out and you'll see what I mean. It's sunny but chilly- the perfect fall mix, surrounded by mountains and rivers, downtown is full of boutiques, coffee shops, eccletic food and there aren't all that many people that live here- hear not that much traffic and friendly faces.
After three back to back visits today I went to Target to buy some gifts for the counselors I visit, I made the cutest little striped paper chocolate gift baggies with cupcake stickers to hold the folds down. Trust me, adorable. I felt very Martha Stewartish. Scratch that, I feel very Martha Stewartish.

So I may have finally settled on a new church home. I'm still not one hundred percent positive, but I really enjoyed this last week's sermon. I still want to try Court Street Christian, because I've heard so many wonderful things but I do like Salem Alliance. I came back this past weekend after trying it awhile ago, kind of made my circle through the Salem churches and back here I settled. I felt it a good omen when they showed a slide on the big screen for a "newcomers" night, because I so badly want to be plugged and rooted in a church for the long hall. I crave that in fact. In a women's group, in a 20's/30's group and working in the nursery. These are the things I'm looking for at this particular time in my life. Well, looking for in a church that is.There are a few other things I could think of that I'm also seeking, or waiting for is maybe a better verb.

I wish I would've brought headphones and my iPod to Idaho because my hotel is perched right next to the river. I plan on walking it to get some fresh air, a little exercise (because finding the work out room here at the hotel is like finding a needle in a nicotine ridden haystack) and it is just nice to walk and contemplate life while out in nature. Gosh, if I could also do another activity today I would love to do some painting right now. I've got a jonesin' for some crafts and arts time.

Watching NCIS while I type this. Direct quote from the show "blog...whats a blog?" "You know, a blog. Something losers write online to let everyone know what they're thinking."
Great. I just got put down by a TV show. Not even a main character on the show, a one time visitor with all of two lines.

You know the satisfactory feeling of cleaning. Perhaps, I stand in a minority group here, the group that loves to clean, loves having things clean, and loves coming home to clean things. However, before i left this Sunday I took the time to clean, and then clean some more. My room is vacuumed, bed is made, clothes are washed and in full color coordination, downstairs bathroom has been scrubbed from top to bottom, kitchen dishes are done, floors are swept and mopped, garbages are emptied...ahh....its even cathartic to discuss it.

Have you ever thought about what character you would like to play in a movie or book? Growing up of course I had a fondness for Jo from Little Women- because she was bold, did what was right, helped the poor, talked funny when reciting plays. Belle from Beauty and the Beast was probably even more, cartoon character or not she is cool- spent a lot of time in libraries and magical castles, wore blue, had imperfect hair with a strang always falling in her face, ended up with a big dude with sweet facial hair and got to talk to inanimate objects all the time. Awesome life. Or Nancy Drew-solving mysteries with George and Bess, being pursued by Ned Nickerson- all American football stud muffin...So apparently my childhood dreams consisted of big hairy men, bold/intelligent/Daddy's girl women, castles and well structured dresses. You know, I think I'm still okay with that come to think of it.

Sometimes when I drive I pretend to be a race car driver, not to the extent of making obnoxious engine noises but to the extent of in my head making wild turns and over exaggerating my arms when I turn. This of course, only when I'm alone.

I think I'm still recovering from this last flight. I didn't end up getting to check into my hotel until arond 11pm, and not to bed until around 1am just because I hadn't had dinner (which consisted of fruit snacks, regular sunchips and a cookie- all of which sold behind the front counter of the hotel), wanted to unpack a few items, lay my clothes out flat before major crease-age took place....these things take time. And then woke up early for my first school visit. Gosh, best flight ever though, no one sat next to me so I sprawled out in as much of a lady like manner as I could and read the entire time. It was so quick that landing actually scared me, I was not anticipating it.

Let the walking begin.

No comments: