Monday, October 18, 2010

OMG. And Not in the Fun Usher Way

At this very moment I am so bored that I can literally hear myself losing my intelligence and gaining weight all at the same time. Apparently being home for almost a week showed me once again what normal life is like and now I don't know how to handle modern boredom. One can only stalk and search facebook for so long, and really the majority of the news fall into three categories- engaged, just got married, having/had baby. All of which I'm so glad to stalk, but it doesn't exactly help with the restlessness I currently feel, it actually exacerbates it and points out the singleness I find myself in, both in Idaho and in Salem.

The people above me are stomping grapes. The least they could do is bring me down some wine to take the edge off of their intrusive stomping.

I sound like I'm in a terrible mood, I actually am not at all. Just incredibly restless. I'm tired of watching TV, reading, killing time online....but find myself with not many other choices. I'd go walk the river, but being a young single woman Murder She Wrote, Matlock, CSI and other such shows have taught me this is a very bad choice. I'd go into downtown Boise but stores are closed and bars are open, not really my forte. Let me ponder what else....still haven't found the exercise room, but then again I haven't taken too much time to explore as it takes double the time to walk the hall what with the smell I have to forge through, that thick. So I sit here with The Closer on and write yet again another blog posting. Never really seen this show, its not too shabby.

The rest of this week should be pretty busy. Youth group Wednesday (third year visiting it), College fair Thursday and fly home Friday. Woohoo! I think tomorrow I'll take the time to go into town and walk around the shops and eat at PF Changs, get me some lettuce wraps. And then of course I reserve the hour of Glee whenever possible, and thankfully this week nothing was needing to be scheduled. It is like the one thing I look forward to when I'm on the road. However, it is a minute joy for the week, the real joy comes Friday when I get to come home, celebrate Birthdays with the family and get to go to church Sunday. That totally reminded me of the song "but the real joy comes in the morning." So I sit here completely and utterly bored out of my mind, and completely and utterly so thankful for the life that I live. Bless beyond belief. A thankfulness for family and friends that words cannot fathom, they can't even attempt to articulate the meaning behind those feelings.

I, with my all my heart, despise Old Navy commercials.

1 comment:

Jared said...

First paragraph: Agreed!