Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19th...I'm 95% positive

Today was a great day with an early start. Had to be in Ontatio by 8:30am, so need to leave Boise by 7:20 or so. It's oddly unsettling leaving when the sun hasn't come up yet, I had to check the clock like three times just in case I woke up, showered and got ready when it was really only 3am. But in fact, was the correct time. It's unsettling at first that is, but then it is kind of nice to watch the sunrise and get the day going early. I guess I do enjoy morning, however, I still refuse to claim the term early bird.

After my visits today I got lettuce wraps to go from PF Changs, I would've stayed but I didn't have any quarters and only had 15 minutes left on my meter.

I think Kramer came out with the first skinny jeans in an episode of Seinfield. I assume the current generation also has as hard of a time getting out of a pair of painted on pants, I have not succumbed to a pair of skinny jeans yet, well I do have skinny black pants so I guess I'm half way there.

After eating my delicious lettuce wraps I went for a walk along the green belt next to the river. It's beautiful outside, just the perfect temperature with a slight breeze. Anyway, I walked along and the this thought kept going through my mind "Lord, what will you have me do?" This question is on mind everyday, but it really creeps into the forefront of my thoughts when I take the time to quiet myself and my surroundings. And I sit here and wonder this, "Lord, what will you have me do?" I am ready, I am willing and I am able, but Lord, what will you have me do?
I took a little while to walk down some rocks and sit and watch the river. Were there spider webs everywhere and did I get momentarily distracted with having to look in fallen tree limps and cut of trunks....I can't lie to you, why yes I did. But after that brief distraction I stood by the waters edge and watched it, and something came to mind. Water is mesmorizing, it calms an active mind, and its absolutely beautiful. More beautiful than an attractive man with facial hair, and you all know how beautiful I find them. Okay, perhaps, its just a different kind of beauty, on a whole other level. I realized what makes it so beautiful though, crazy that I've literally never realized what it was that makes it on this whole new level of beauty. It's the reflection. Bodies of water take the battered, broken fragmented life surrounding it and reflect it back to the world as this pure, peaceful and whole image. It is the reflection of the world around it that make is so beautiful.
Not to get to deep here, but it did make me wonder what I reflect to the world. I can only pray that I reflect the love of Christ, and as a broken, fragmented and ruptured individual the beauty of Christ shines through me to the world as a complete and peaceful image. Completed by the Father, and not of my own accord. The river can not be beautiful on its own, it needs the world around it to be broken, and it needs the ability to restore that beaten picture.

I would say it was a great walk, even though I did get blisters on the back of my heels.

Glee tonight. Perhaps its not healthy for one show to make someone so excited. When I come home I won't have tv or internet anymore, what is a girl going to do. I'm going to have to start dating someone with tv  just so I can watch it, the relationship secondary to the access to cable. Just kidding, mostly.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Fourth paragraph: Amen!

Encouraging post, friend. I enjoy reading of your desire to be godly. Keep it up.