Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oct. 5th

Have I ever confessed that one of my favorite things about school visits is the visitor sticker I so proudly get to wear. I even get a little disappointed when they don't make me wear one, my favorite are the ones that actually state what school it is. It's amazing how wonderful life can be when simple things bring such joy. Some might choose the word sad, I say joy.

So today I continued my task of finding a grey dress the upcoming wedding. This story both consists of 1-my search of the day and 2-finding a perfect dress online within like 10 minutes back at the hotel. So 1- finding the dress. I went down to the outdoor mall in the Old Mill district today and one of the stores I went into, Mo Mo I think it as called, an asian lady was working....I'm going to guess she owns the place because a little asian baby was sitting on a chair watching a computer screen in the middle of the store. Any who, she asks me if I'm looking for anything in particular and so I tell her "why yes, a grey dress." So she shows me that there are two grey dresses in the store. She holds one up, and goes "I don't think this would fit you. What size are you." I will preface this that the dress she held up was cinched into a 5 inch width and when held up to my body barely covered my torso. The real wild part of the story, however, is that as she asked me what size I am she was sticking her hands into my cardigan and putting her hands around my rib cage What! After, she wanted me to try the dress on, yeah, apparently after groping my ribs she thought I might be able to squeeze into the skanky little dress. I politely declined, as when I walk into a room I'd like my virtue to remain intact. 2- Upon returning back to my hotel room, getting online and hitting up j crew, I found a adorable grey dress on sale for under $100. Done and done.

I have had this odd feeling of wanting to nest and decorate. Today I bought a set of nicer towels for the downstairs bathroom. I also bought an adorable candle holder from World Market, a glass capped pitcher for my favorite homemade salad dressing (dressing courtesy of the Miller cousins) and a spatula because we only have one.....now two.You know what this means- I can mix with both hands at the same time.
I really want a throw pillow.

I feel like I've produced a double chin over the course of this travel season. Can't wait to get back to the courthouse gym and start working out consistently again. This d.c. will be gone like the wind. Speaking of d.c., I once had a coffee drink named after me at North Salem in their Coffee Shack. That's right folks...basically famous, I had a drink named after me called the Iced D.C. It stood for Donica.Casey, our drink of choice from the before mentioned coffee shop. It was also, at the same time my aunt had moved to Washington D.C., and everyone teased me that they were sure sorry to see my mother move across the country (according to the family we resemble each other quite a bit both in appearance and expressiveness). You be the judge.
Thanks for allowing me this narcissistic story, as I had an asian lady judge me for not purchasing her prostitute outfit. A little self indulgence memory reliving wipes that slate clean.

If I ever accept an award for anything, please do not allow me to do a twirl on stage.

I've decided I want to get my gun handlers license. Or permit. I suppose in order to do this I should learn some proper terminology, but with that said, I want to know how to handle a gun. To have confidence in myself to respect and use a gun correctly, because truth be told I assume at this point in life I would either have it easily taken away from me, shoot my own foot in nervousness or point a gun at a bad person and never realize it's on safety the entire time. We all know its true, I can't deny it.

1 comment:

Jared said...

You are so random! ...And so you. =)

PS: I see no double chin.