Monday, October 4, 2010

October...4th

First and foremost, happy birthday to my wonderful little sister today! woohoo, you are officially 12 years old! Enjoy the age, its a good one. :o)

After this week is over I will have only slept in my own bed for one night in the past month....you read that right, one night in a month. Now before you go getting any ideas, those other 29 nights have been in hotel rooms with the company of my mother or my book. This week I find myself in Bend, OR. I started this morning before it was even light outside and drove to Madras. It was beautiful outside, the sun coming up and shining beyond Smith Rock, and later down the road a perfect view of Sisters Mountains and...Five Fingered Jack. Maybe its another number because all hands have five fingers so that confuses me why it would be a distictive feature to a mountain top.

"Looks like tarzan and plays like Jane." Hilarious quote from that new football movie that I'm currently watching and completely unaware of the name of. And thus also displaying how easily distracted I am.

Coming home for a day was rejuvenating. Got to see wonderful friends and family, clean my clothes, and be in familar areas for almost two days.  I so look forward to my week home next week. Ohmygoodness, I want to go watch some football so badly, I miss those days of games every week! But you won't catch me watching it on tv, now if I knew the personalities and names of the players that would totally change it.

I totally had things I wanted to say but I've forgotten them all. I'm excited to go to North Salem next week, it always brings back so many memories walking those halls. And so many faces I'm happy to see and catch up with. Although, when I was there is was a completely different place than it is today I'm sure. It makes me wonder where it'll be in another 6 years.

Since I have nothing to really say, I'm out for now.

3 comments:

Jared said...

Here's a little something for your craving. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhmMU6afIHo

Courtney said...

I think it is actually 3 Fingered Jack:)

Casey said...

Haha. thank you! I suppose I could've googled it, but letsb be frank, guessing is just so much more fun.