Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Salem, OR

So I finished off last week in Bend, sorry I didn't update very often while there...and have been home since Friday. Don't think I'm getting all comfy and settled back into normal life though, I leave again on Sunday for my final trip of the year....and it's only for six days. Woohoo! And then I'll get comfy and settled back into Salem life, and I am so excited. Like a kid in a candy shop, except I'm an adult in a yellow peacoat, sipping a warm sugarfree cinnamon dolce latte, in the comfort of my home town.

Back in the office I feel like I've had a million things to catch up on. First, I had a bunch of voicemails to listen to, they are really hard to get to work on the road- I have never wanted to believe it but I am realizing I'm a bit technology challenged. I have stacks of mail at my house, mostly sorted through as of now. Phone calls to make to accepted students. Receipts to organize, title and turn in. Tons of receipts, if there was a word to make it even more plural past the added "s," I would use it. Cards to sort, label and turn in. People to catch up with. Peacoats to be worn. Local school visits. Corvallis college fairs. Laundry, heaps of laundry. This has been my week so far. It has been wonderful too, I am loving every minute being in this town, no matter what I'm doing. Crisp fall mornings, they make everything better in the world.

I went to my old high school today and it was amazing to see so many teachers and get a chance to talk to some of them. I've been back there a few times, in fact I even went for this job last year, but this visit for whatever reason was when tons of teachers were available and out and about. I ran into so many of the amazing teachers there, reminds me how I want to get into a school someday and make a difference how they do for so many students. Plus, its a beautiful building, I just love it there.

I should probably get going and get some more office work done. Next week comes more stories from the road, and I'll be sure to update more often than Bend. Heather...that is specifically for you. :o)

No comments: