Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sept. 30th

Of any days that deserve to be blogged from the last three weeks its today. Today has been....terrible. Well, not true, today started terrible and ended alright. I feel as though this should be outlined in chronological order.
7:30am- I leave for my first school visit, which starts at 8am. I get there early, the address I had was actually the school district building verses the actual school, so the school district office gives me the "proper" address. I get going, hoping to only be a bit late. Turns out it took me to an empty field.... all that to say, I called the school I was suppose to be at and got chewed out by the counselor. Curse words come to mind. I bit my tongue while she beraided me for not knowing how to get there, attacked my character for getting lost and basically told me I was incompetent and irresponsible. Awesome.... its not often that people's words can bring me to tears, but I was on the verge. It's also not often I wish I wasn't a calmer person, I actually got off the phone wishing I was someone who could blow up and give this lady back what she was dishing out, but yet I'm not that person so I continued apologizing and took it.

After this terrible phone conversation I needed to get gas and get to another city quite a distance away. Pulled into a gas station, they only took debit or cash. So getting back into my car, I dropped my keys under my seat and had the hardest time getting them back out. I think I was just flustered.

My second visit was actually great. However, throughout the day a storm started coming into Victorville. The counselor even warned us it could be a really bad one tonight as its been workin' its way into town for three days and the winds had picked up quite a bit. It didn't start flash flooding just sprinkling and the winds picked up to a decent mileage. The drive to Long Beach after the fair was actually not bad. The beginning was filled with lightening bolts, I could even see them hitting the ground in the distance. Both sides of the highway. Light sprinkling, nothing too much. And high winds. Not terrible, way better than what was expected and I even made it into town at a decent rate.

Writing my day down makes it not seem as bad as it felt at the time it happened. It definitely wasn't even as bad as the Old Navy commercial I just saw on the tv. I don't think I get yelled at by people very often, and I've got to see I do not appreciate it one bit. Through off my grooze for the whole day.

I come home to Salem tomorrow! I leave again Sunday for Eastern Oregon, but then I'll be back for a whole week after that. I am so excited to sleep in my own bed, do some laundry, wear something not provided in my suitcase. I'm even excited to use full sized toiletries, not use a GPS to get to the next destination, know I might pass someone I know on the street. I like those things. The small things. Or in the toiletries case, the big things.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Heidi told me about the counselor you just mentioned. Her response to your being late and lost was way not appropriate. Casey, how dare you not know where this school even though you had never been there before:) Glad you're headed home today!