Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day,....? in Central OR

You can do the math, I don't remember how long I've been in this area now, not over a week, I do know this. Am I loving Trader Joe's being so close though? Yes....yes I very much am. And have I gone back to Thump twice since my first visit this week, oh yes! I had to take Andrea to get a good cup of joe, and also see the adorable downtown. We had a good time, both of us apparently being 99 year old woman that can't stay up past 7pm but we did alright, we held our own. We were able to explore the city yesterday, boutique shop browse, coffee drink, get some good food, and watch The Proposal via paperview. So high class, I know! :o) Such a great movie, we both loved it. And then today I really wanted to find the Lava Caves and do some stuff outside, but instead we wandered into the Something Lava Park (I forget the full name), which consisted of us driving forever up a rocky road, through snow and into a path around lava rock. It was cool to see, and it smelt amazing up there, wanted to bottle that sensory delight up but overall no caves. So we went to Sunriver for some cheap sweat pants and maybe some people watching amusement to find no people, although cheap sweats still available. Phew. Food, more walking around downtown, cave searching and coffee drinking ensued. It was a pleasant weekend.
Church tomorrow! I'm excited. Pray I do well at all my Redmond school visits and the central OR fair on tuesday. And then I come home, which I'm soooooooo excited for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: