Monday, October 26, 2009

Idaho- Here I Am!

So travel picks right back up. I'm here in Idaho, just flew in tonight. Apparently I have a gift with bringing storms with me where ever I go. My plane ride this afternoon had the most turbulence I've ever experienced before, I'll admit, I sent up a few prayers in that last 30 minutes. It was enough to actually make me sick to my stomach, as in, hold your vomit in, close your eyes, and pretend your stomach isn't topsy turning and being ick. So needless to say, I'm here, in my hotel, didn't vomit. As to the storm, after getting my rental car and driving to my hotel a storm hit so suddenly on the drive here! It was sudden and violent enough for me to wonder if a tornado hit or something. It was sudden darkness, mostly from immense fog, and debris flying like crazy through the air. Literally, actual gusts of stuff just flying in the air, it was insane, and huge tumble week looking things flying everywhere too. I had to swerve to miss one hitting my windshield that was also quite literally probably three feet wide around. But it calmed down after 1 or 2 hours of being here and now its just pouring and mildly windy. Great way to start my Boise trip huh. Oh! And the hotel lost brief power before I got here the front desk told me, assuring me that it would be good the rest of the night.
Again, I love my hotel here! It's awesome, the nicest one I think I stay in all season. Just comfortable and safe feeling. Did I mention that I also have an adorable rental car! When I was walking to the car kiosk I thought to myself...." I really hope its that cute car..." and you know what, it was! An adorable burnt orange Dodge Caliber. I'm a happy camper.
So it should be an incredibly busy week. I'll keep you all posted as to what goes down! And I'll try to take some photos and post those as well. I also thought that I should include this- of all the things I could be watching right now I got distracted with the Nancy Drew movie! Hahaha! I must admit, childish as it may be, I loved Nancy Drew when I was younger and I've never seen this movie although a part of me has always wanted to. So there you have it, the first day in Boise, ID.

No comments: