Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nampa- Boise- Meridian

I had two fairs to do today. One at Nampa Christian where I spoke in three classrooms full students for 30 minute sessions, and then the National Christian Boise fair tonight. Both successful, although I'm happy to be finished with night time events. Last night I spent with a youth group in Meridian, pizza party, Corban chat and then worship together, it was a blast! I love going to youth groups, I get some of my favorite things at those- jean wearing (so amazing), Corban chatting, hanging out with youth kids and getting to worship a great God....yes please. :o) Last night there were two girls that specifically caught my interest, not because they were really intrigued by Corban or because they were super sweet because they both had a hard edge to them and seemed lost. So I sat with them all night and got some great chats, it was really great. Thus reinforcing my want of someday having a women's Bible study group meet at my house when I'm older. I'd really like to facilitate that unity between women seeking answers, and what better answers to seek than in the Bible. And of course I would make some kick butt food for each session, goodies galore.
It has been snowing consistly all day today. And I've got to say, I haven't been a fan of it. Its the snow that doesn't stick except to your clothes and hair. I heard on the latest weather report that the temperature was suppose to get a little higher though and the weather was suppose to calm down a bit, thus making my experience here in Boise much better. As I hate getting wet when I walk outside and I plan to shop in downtown Boise this weekend, thus walking around outside. I've actually already planned this out- Saturday I'm going to sleep in (until like 9am!), work out, go downtown and hit up the cute boutiques because, well they're cute, Urban Outfitters, and eat lunch at P.F. Changs. Then, closer to my hotel is Old Navy, Ross and some discount designer shoe stores that I'd like to browse through. I'm looking for some cute flat brown boots.
So this update has successfully consisted of rambling and basically nothing of any importance. :o) Sorry about that. I was sad I missed the Office tonight, the timing for shows and what channel everything is on is so confusing! I miss every show I want to watch, oh well.
Our house is still in total disaster. My roommates spoke with our landlords today and they are now waiting for insurance information before fixing anything but the permits have been received. So good on that end, but we are left hanging until they decide on insurance stuff. My two roommates talked with the landlords like I said, and brought up rent and the heating bill. We've been told by everyone and agree that we need to be discounted the days we weren't able to stay in our own home, we want a percentage of the heating bill paid for because its on high consistently since our livingroom is open to the freezing outside air and our house is still so cold, and we want some of rent knocked off for the month because our house is in disarray, scary and uncomfortably squished. They should be compensated for loss of rent through home owners insurance or the car insurance from the car that caused this in the first place. Needless to say, landlords were not agreeing to any of those ideas and don't understand why we feel unsafe there, and said that. I'm unsure of where to go from here. All I know is, I have a cold house that I don't want to live in because I can't sleep. Be proud, last night I slept with all my lights off, that's a first since the incident, and I only woke up like 4 times, which is a major improvement since its been more like 8 times. Probably explaining why I've been feeling exhausted everyday. But God is good, its getting easier to sleep through the night and I know things will get taken care of. Its interesting to see how things turn out, definitely almost never how I planned or predicted.
That's all for now. Good night!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sorry about how things are going with your lanlord. Based on what you've told me and knowing what you went througn I understand why you don't feel safe. I pray you feel safe in Boise and that your rest continues to get better:) Sounds like you've been busy but having some good interactions, good job!

Jared said...

Casey, I especially loved hearing about your youth group experience and its spurring your desire to host a women's Bible study or home group. May I admonish you not "to wait until you're older" but act on it now. I want the best for you in this regard and I hope that you are able to step out in courage and trust the Lord to give you the time to do it. Bless you sister-friend!