Monday, September 13, 2010

Sept 11th, San Jose, CA

Today marks the start of another travel season, my third to date.

I'm glad I don't believe in the belief that how the start of a trip goes tailors how the trip as a whole goes because last year and this year have not started all that great. I had a great drive with Kirrin to the airport, and all that went well, but then it started downhill with my luggage weighing 5 lbs too much...translation- I must donate my kidney to pay for the bag. I had literature in there, otherwise I would've unloaded it, there was just no where to unload it. So okay, that's not so terrible, and I ended up having a great chat with the man who was throwing away my shampoo and conditioner for being .6 oz too much. He said "I can read people pretty well, probably because I've had so many jobs over the years (he was an older gentleman), but I can tell you're intelligent and have a high IQ. I bet you're pretty good at science too, and very detail oriented." SO funny! Well, thank you Mr. security man taking away my mode of cleanliness, I'm glad you find me an intelligent individual. :o) It was pretty funny, I couldn't even be bad that security took me 15 minutes while they scanned my bag three times.

So next, I get on the plane, near the front, thank goodness, on last and off first. I sat next to a lovely older woman who was on the larger size and took part of my seat up, and by lovely I mean a real grouch who could throw down a beer. I figured, well,it's chilly, her body warmth will keep me warmer so really she's doing me a favor. The bad part was the gas that persisted for the entire plane ride. It was teenage boy who ate muchas gracias for a straight week bad, except in a older woman form. To give you a mental picture it was so terrible that I literally had to stick my face into my book to breathe at some points. I've literally never been near such an unforeseen smelll that so violently attempted to take refuge in my nostrils. I put up a strong fight, but I fear the stank won this time.

Things have been better now. I made it to my hotel, which they gave me a warm cookie as a welcome gift, I have a pretty sweet rental car, cherry red hatchback of some form. Should be easy to find in a parking lot, or a black out. I'm at the Double Tree in San Jose tonight. Is it a sad fact or a fact that shows how easily pleased I am that I was so excited that the bathroom supplies they provide are Neutrogena? I love Neutrogena!

I've thought ahead for this year as how to make this travel season seem more like a vacation. i've purchased room spray to spray in every hotel for a fresh scent, masking the hotel goers before me. I've also purchased a Burts Bees pamper kit, just some odds and ends to make life to feel more luxurious.

Tomorrow starts off with a bang with school visits, a college fair and then a drive to a town about an hour away afterwards. The part of town I'm in is very near the airport and not too trafficy, however, getting into a larger city I get this itch to leave as soon as possible. It's not even that I hate large cities, but I hate large cities while I'm working, they add this whole other stress to the day. Large cities for vacation or hanging out are a blast though, don't get me wrong. And David, I'm not dissing your hometown, the parts I've seen are actually pretty lovely- for the most part. Haha. But I can't wait to get out and get into my comfort zone, those smaller towns between fresno and ventura, both off I-5 and the coastal highway.

To get dessert or not to get dessert....this is the question. Tomorrow I start a diet with Andrea, would've started today but its a little difficult to choose what foods while driving.
Okay, well I'll post this tomorrow, it costs to use internet in this hotel and that's just not worth it to me. Later!

No comments: