Friday, September 24, 2010

Sept. 23-24

My mom made is safely to Bakersfield and has enjoyed the warm weather here while I ran around town for work. Today is filled with driving to Ventura. Unfortunately, no one got back to me from the school visits I attempted, so it looks like the day is filled with driving, with stops for water and resroom breaks instead.

Tyler told me she expects some good stories with my mom being around, so I only feel obliged to give you a few. The room we have right now is one king bed, so of course we're just sharing it. It might be true that last night "someone" woke me up in a panic. My mother, Tonja, was wondering if I could see the blinking red light on the tv. I of course could, so I sad yes. But then she wanted to know if the light was moving around the screen, the stationary red light at the bottom of the tv signifying that the tv is off. I told her no, its not, can I go back to bed please. Story #1- Done.

So not too many stories from the past few days.  I had an interesting school visit yesterday where when I showed up it was lunch time and they sent me to this table wtih a couple teachers sitting at it. Students started following me and before I could put anything on the table they just stood around me, so I handed out literature that way and stood and talked with this circle around me. It was weird, but entertaining I suppose.

Last night, when I got home from the college fair my mom and I got in the hot tub here at the hotel. It was beautiful, a full moon, warm water and palm trees, very relaxing. Anyway, when we came back in to change into pajamas, I had a black tank top, it disappeared! I can't find it anywhere, in my hand one moment and completely gone the next. I still can't figure out where it is, how does that even happen.

No comments: