Monday, September 13, 2010

Sept. 12th....still San Jose, soon to be Watsonville

I shouldn't have had that caffeine as late as I did last night because I had a hard time falling asleep. In college I could down 3-4 coffees in a single day and not even notice a difference in my energy. Now, at the ripe old age of 24 if I don't have a coffee in the morning I have the noon headache, aka, withdrawl, and if I have coffee after 4pm I have the "I cant sleep" lets have a dance party and then clean the whole house jitters. I love that my comparison actually makes it sound like I take meth. Does anyone remember the commercials they played years ago for met? The music was always "ooooo.meth......meth." Kendra and I thought that was the best commercial ever and we would often sing the background music to each other, perhaps a morbid sense of humor but funny you have to admit.

My school visits went well today. Even with a GPS I still miss turns here and there, and today when I missed a turn I ended up in front of PF Changs, Nordstrom Rack and a Starbucks...seriously.....this is not a joke. I think God looked down on me and thought "Casey words hard, lets put her in heaven." Did I go into Nordstrom rack and spend too much money- the answer is YES! And I loved every minute of it. But really, it was cold here today- unexpectedly cold so I have black legging type pants (which I've been looking for a replacement and found, in the same brand, at Nordstroms today) and I hated my outfit and felt uncomfortable. So I bought a shirt on sale and then 40% more off, real cute and professional too and I changed in the parkng lot before a school visit.

Sometimes a good sale can really make up for stinky fart plane rides. Sometimes, life really can be fixed by a pair of cute jeans with flip embellished pockets that fit just perfect.

One thing I do love about the bay area is the high ratio of different ethnicities. I spoke with an asian man having trouble with his internet on his laptop and a french african man who also helped the asian man. Accents and other cultures are just so interesting, I love the diverstiy.

I don't have much to report, nothing funny has happened so far today. But I do have a college fair tonight, so the possibilities are really endless. I did take a picture of my rental car to prove how bright and red it really is but will post that later. Much like last year I hope to get some great photos taken and I'll try to put them up as I go. There is some really beautiful land out here.

Thoughts of the day-
1. Why are the majority of books red or yellow in the reference and education section? Yield and stop, I'm not in a car driving so I'd like to see some more colors please.
2. Why does the lady working at the Borders Cafe have a side mullet and do you think she did it herself? I don't even understand how this is possible, but she has a side mullet and there is no other description that would fit her unsightly hair style.

No comments: