Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sept. 29th- Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Sun Valley and Lancaster

Hello LA traffic. I had been wondering when that particular spectacle was going to hit me, today. Today was the day I hit LA traffic. I truly don't understand why people put themselves through that everyday, it took hours to navigate between a few cities surrounding upper LA and Hollywood. I am by no means a celebrity junkie or fawn at the site of someone famous but there is this childish part of me that wanted to go to Hollywood! I've actually never been there before, and all I kept thinking about was the Anthony Kiedis biography I read a few years ago and how he walked the streets of Hollywood way back in the day. I wanted to walk those same streets....although, time restraint and the knowledge that most likely those streets would attempt to kill me in present day kept me from even trying.

For those of you who don't know who Anthony Kiedis is he's the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He lived a life filled with drugs, sex, other various addictions, spirituality (not religion, not relationship, let me clarify), music and wandering the streets of Hollywood. It was an interesting life story. The truth is, in all of it, you could see that he has a good heart, misplaced, confused, empty of the true love of Christ, but a heart that wants to do the right thing. Probably one of the best biographies I've ever read, even with the foul language and some controversial lifestyle choices.
You will all be way more pleased with my recent readings. I finsihed the Robert Whitlow book, as boring and addictive as I knew it would be. And today I started Jane Eyre, which has been interesting so far. It's a hard transition in use of language between the books I've read recently, not in choice of words, but in order of words. The time period the book was written, or the location the book or author are from change how its read a lot, I just skipped form 20th century to the 1860's or somewhere in that realm.

I met with some students at 8am at Oaks Christian School this morning, in Westlake Village. Beautiful campus and great facilities. One of the most well known Christian schools in CA, probably in the US. Many famous actors and athletes children go or have gone there. Joe Montana, Will Smith....some other athletes, etc. I've got Hollywood fever, name dropping left and right. Haha. I think I need to eat something.

I come home in two days! A fair in Victorville tomorrow night, a long drive back to Long Beach, and I fly out Friday morning. I am so excited, sleep in my own bed for at least two nights. And by at least two nights I mean, exactly two nights, and the I hit then road for other five days in Eastern Oregon. Home for a week after that though, so hope to see some of you during that time period.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yay for Jane Eyre:) Glad you're coming back praying for endurance this last few days!